Wednesday, 2 October 2013

A Lost Mind


‘Just drink your tea, my dear; just drink your tea.’
The ward is dark, the room is freezing cold,
My dearest mum is sat across from me.

Her hand is shaking, rested by her knee,
I watch her gently growing sick and old,
‘Just drink your tea, my dear; just drink your tea.’

Her voice is soft; her eyes are flying free,
With piercing looks, her eyes were used to scold,
So old and wise, I wonder what they’ve seen.

She knows not what she says, nor what she means,
Yet keeps on saying, thinking I’m untold:
‘Just drink your tea, my dear; just drink your tea’

Her mind is lost; her brain is out at sea,
And yet she doesn’t seem to fit the mould,
‘Just drink your tea, my dear; just drink your tea.’
For if she knew her name she would be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment